Pages

My daughter said once that we have lots of adventures...so grew New Leaf Nickie, the blog intended to capture most of our adventures. If you've landed here, welcome to life with New Leaf Nickie on Havoc Hill Farm.







Thursday, February 18, 2010

Grocery Trips (Who Says Couponing Isn't Worth It?) REVISED

Here's the breakdown from my Schnuck's trip on Wednesday:

Shelf cost: $111.13 (total amount I would have paid had I bought everything for it's shelf cost)
Discount:   $27.59 (total amount of savings due to "sales")
Coupons:   $21.75 (total amount of coupons)
Out of Pocket: $61.79 (pre tax) 
SAVINGS:  44.4% 
Plus, I got a $5 Catalina to use on my next trip to Schnuck's!

My best buy here was probably the 8 roll Sparkle pack.  On sale for $4.99 plus I had a $.50 coupon!  That's only $.56 a roll for name brand paper towels!  WOOT!  And I have been completely out of paper towels since the weekend.  I was waiting for a "deal" to arrive before buying more! 

Breakdown of Country Mart trip on Wednesday:

Shelf cost: $62.29 (total amount I would have paid had I bought everything for it's shelf cost)

Discount:   $9.46 (total amount of savings due to "sales")
Coupons: $17.16 (total amount of coupons)
OOP:       $35.67 (pre tax)
SAVINGS: 42.74%

I also bought two 15 lbs bags of potatoes for $2.99 each that wouldn't fit into this picture! 

I shop at Country Mart on Wednesdays because this is the day they double coupons up to $.50; however, I didn't use any $.50 coupons, so I didn't double any.  And, I bought 10 boxes of Nabisco products toward my Nabisco $20 Mail In Rebate.  I still have to purchase 5 Capri Suns and 5 Mac n Cheese bowls to qualify, but I'm waiting for a coupon/sale combo to score these for cheapo like the 100 Calorie boxes were.  They were only $1.50 after sale/coupon!  I love these for my kids' school snacks, but NEVER buy them because they are TOO expensive.  These were definitely my best purchase at Country Mart considering I'll get $20 back in MIR!

ADDITION:  
 
Holy Crap!  Was I super excited after my Shop N Save trip this afternoon!  Here's the breakdown:

Shelf cost:              $78.65
Discounts:              $18.13
Manufacturer Qs:   $20.50
Q Thursday:           $10.00

OOP:  $30.02

That's a savings rate of 62%!

I think my best deal was the Wanchai Ferry dinner kits.  The SRP is $4.88, on sale for $3.50, Q for $1/1 for a total of $2.50.  

In case you're wondering why I bought so many...I shop for two houses.  Joe works in Chicago, so when I see an outrageous bargain I pick up as many as I can for him too.
So all-in-all, I had some amazing shopping trips this week!  My total savings for these three trips was

Shelf Cost: $252.07
OOP:         $127.48
TOTAL SAVINGS:  50.57%

Since my Pantry Challenge last month, this is the first major grocery trip since December!  I'd say I did pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment