Pages

My daughter said once that we have lots of adventures...so grew New Leaf Nickie, the blog intended to capture most of our adventures. If you've landed here, welcome to life with New Leaf Nickie on Havoc Hill Farm.







Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pantry Meal #1

Today was actually the first day that I cooked from the pantry rather than eating ready-made foods.  I found a recipe that I altered a bit to suit what I had on hand. 

Vegetable Pasta Soup

Saute onions and garlic in large pot.
Add vegetable broth (I also used 4 cups of water with vegetable recipe mix).
Add frozen vegetables (I used carrots, peas, broccoli, and fresh celery)
Add canned diced tomatoes and one can chickpeas
Boil for about 5 minutes
Add soup pasta (I used egg noodles).

So, so yummy!

Lainey even said it was good, although she only ate the noodles and broth.

(Shoot!!!!  I just remembered that I should have taken pics as I went!  I love pictures of food and I need the practice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment