Pages

My daughter said once that we have lots of adventures...so grew New Leaf Nickie, the blog intended to capture most of our adventures. If you've landed here, welcome to life with New Leaf Nickie on Havoc Hill Farm.







Thursday, July 29, 2010

What I've Learned in the Last 11 Days (Or Was Reminded Of)

  1. No matter how hard you try, making a sinus infection tolerable AND remaining conscious just doesn't work .
  2. People worry even when you tell them not too.
  3. Rabbits can get a fungus on their heads...poor Tater Tot.
  4. July in Missouri is M.I.S.E.R.A.B.L.E. (My car temperature read 103 yesterday afternoon...and that's without the 98% humidity factored in.  Seriously, it's really hot. Steamy hot.)
  5. If you build it (a nesting box), they won't necessarily come to it...stupid chickens.
  6. How to tell if your radiator is cool enough to open AND how to add water to it.
  7. Cats meant as barn cats don't always stay in the barn.  Welcome to the family Olly and Rocky.
  8. Getting a barn and pasture ready for new mini pets is not pleasant (Refer to #4).
  9. When mowing the grass at 9:30 PM, make sure both headlights work...and be prepared for a before work touch up job.
  10. Ocular migraines SUCK.
  11. No matter how bad you want it to work, sometimes technology just gets the best of you.  (I'd rather poke my own eye out than deal with computers that won't do what I want them to do.)
  12. The state of Washington is TOO FAR from the state of Missouri. (Refer to #11 -- My techie is in WA.)
  13. Turning 38 without being able to say to my Mom, "Can you believe your baby is 38?!" isn't any easier today than it was turning 33 through 37.  I miss you everyday, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment