Pages

My daughter said once that we have lots of adventures...so grew New Leaf Nickie, the blog intended to capture most of our adventures. If you've landed here, welcome to life with New Leaf Nickie on Havoc Hill Farm.







Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

I think I'm going to have to take stock in Buchheit's, the local farm supply store.  I've spent way too much time and money there since April of this year in my quest to build a small zoo empire collection of furry and feathered creatures. 

We got our miniature horses this weekend.  Better pictures to come, but here they are:
This is Pearl.  She's a very shy girl, and she's stark white.  Absolutely gorgeous!
This is Tootsie Roll.  She's Pearl's daughter and has the most beautiful blonde mane and tail.
It's hard to get perspective on just how small they are, but the green gate behind Tootsie Roll is 48" in height, and Tootsie is shorter than that.  She comes to just below my waist.  So small and just adorable.

These bring our empire zoo collection to 3 dogs, 3 cats, 4 bunnies, 7 chickens (I can't for the life of me figure how we still have all 7 after where I found them this weekend), and 2 mini horses.  The thing that makes me the most proud is that all of them (well, except for one very cranky and blanket-possessive bunny) are kid-friendly.
Feel free to stop by and visit any time.  That's why they're here!

But, this was my favorite day.  The day I did not have to mow the grass because of this:

Lainey can mow the grass!!  And she likes it!  THIS was a most wonderful day.  I sat in the garage in my recliner chair enjoying an icy cold beverage, while my most awesome daughter took care of this chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment