- The plastic thing that holds the water in your toilet tank is called a flapper. It's very easy to replace your flapper when the original gasket gets flushed down the toilet. Yea...it just disappeared. And, you can't buy a replacement gasket. You have to buy an entire flapper.
- Mini horses poop A LOT! I mean A LOT! Every single night this week I've had to clean out their stall. While I really don't mind this now since it's summer, I keep envisioning what it's going to be like in January and February when it's so flippin' cold!
- It doesn't matter that your kitchen floor was just mopped. It will rain. And your dogs will get the floor dirty.
- Your calves can sweat...I mean the ones on your legs.
- Big Brother 12 isn't as good as BB11. I still love Jeff and Jordan. Brendon and Rachel can go home.
- When your boss resigns, you get a pang of nervousness for the future.
- When your boss resigns, opportunity presents itself.
- Turning 38 was easy.
- Even though it's been over 100 degrees two days this week, I still love summer!
- I really do live my life as an adventure. Being told on Tuesday that I have to go to South Carolina (from Missouri) on Sunday was not overwhelming. I LOVE South Carolina, so this is just a quickly planned adventure that will test my "bounce-ability" and spontaneity, but it will be awesome. Being a single mom of two kiddos, with 19 feathered and furry creatures that depend on me for food, it can be VERY difficult coordinating trips away from home for work or pleasure. But I have an absolutely A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. family that helps me out even though they don't have to.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Things I've Learned Thursday
I've decided to start a regular Thursday post...we'll actually see how this goes. It's titled "Things I've Learned Thursday." I'll share what I've learned this week, which may or may not end up in a story.