Pages

My daughter said once that we have lots of adventures...so grew New Leaf Nickie, the blog intended to capture most of our adventures. If you've landed here, welcome to life with New Leaf Nickie on Havoc Hill Farm.







Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fifteenth -- Frugal Girl Scores at Lowe's!!

So, it's been awhile since I've been able to snag a super great deal, but today, oh yes, today Frugal Girl made an appearance at Lowe's!

I stopped by Lowe's to pick up a single ceramic tile for one of bunnies (If you aren't up to speed on my bunnies, you really should read about my love affair.  Yeah, they're a little spoiled...).  Well, I went through the tile aisle (I love saying that outloud...go ahead try it...tile aisle), looking only at prices.  While my bunnies are loved, they'll be just fine pooping on cheapo tile.  Anyway, I came across a price tag of 32 cents (what happened to the cents sign?  anyone ever wonder that?) 

Holy cow!  I can handle 32 cents. 

Then...i looked at the color.  Wow!  I really like it!  It even has the wavy edges that I like.  Awesome, it's about as neutral as you can get, just a basic tan with a darker brown highlighting.  Hmmm...how many of these do they have?  205?

Did I mention that we're in the process of remodeling the ENTIRE house?  the only thing that's been complete is the second bathroom, so, I will need tile...lots of tile because I hate carpet.  With. A. Passion.

Well, a few minutes later (actually more like an hour) I walked out of Lowe's with this:



205 square feet of tile for only $71 with tax!  Yippee!  I'd say that this was a banner day in Frugal Land!

I'll have to supplement with some full priced tile from a neighboring Lowe's, but overall, it will be a wonderful savings for tile that I would have picked out anyway, but would have never paid $1.78 per tile (after all, I am a Frugalista!)  What I found out is that my local Lowe's is discontinuing this style, but no other neighboring Lowe's are, that's why the seriously low price at this one, but full price at all others.

Yahoo!

1 comment:

  1. Now that is inspiring to this fellow frugalista!
    Great job!
    I am visiting from New Friend Friday! Feel free to drop by and visit me at www.kaydani20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete