Pages

My daughter said once that we have lots of adventures...so grew New Leaf Nickie, the blog intended to capture most of our adventures. If you've landed here, welcome to life with New Leaf Nickie on Havoc Hill Farm.







Thursday, August 30, 2012

Things I've Learned Thursday

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've written.  Where does the time go?  In this year, so much has happened.  I've changed jobs (sort of), my son caught up with me in the height department, I can now share shoes with my daughter, we've diassembled our mini farm (still miss those donkeys), and I've confronted and am beating a great fear.  That's just a little taste of where I've been this year.  But in this year, I've learned a lot...about myself and about the world in which I live.  So, I thought I'd bring back "Things I've Learned Thursday" as a sort of memorial.

1.  The dark places in your heart can be filled with sunshine if you just let it in.

2.  Miniature donkeys stay in your heart long after they leave your barn.

3.  According to Kenny Chesney, we're not supposed to blink.  He's right.


4.  "You can't let your fear decide your fate."  -- AWOL Nation. 


5.  A little bit of uncomfortable-ness is just an opportunity for growth.


Hopefully, I can post a little more often than once a year.  Thanks Amy for the reminder!


No comments:

Post a Comment